Casey M. Reiter is a faculty member at St. Thomas University College of Law. She brings her knowledge as an appellate and litigation support attorney, with experience in the areas of criminal defense, family and marital law, and related appellate matters. Consistent with ABA standards, Casey limits her private practice of law and is only available for consultation and representation on a limited basis.
Casey graduated from the University of Florida, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. She went on to earn her Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center. While in law school, Casey was selected to be a Certified Legal Intern with the Nova Southeastern Criminal Justice Clinic, where she interned as a prosecutor with the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office, prosecuting misdemeanor cases, such as DUI, battery, and drug charges, including jury and non-jury trials.
Upon her successful completion of law school, Casey began her legal career as a private criminal defense attorney, where she gained valuable litigation and criminal appellate experience advocating for clients facing criminal charges from all walks of life. She deposed countless police officers and witnesses, drafted and argued motions to suppress evidence, and tried both jury and non-jury trials.
Casey then went on to gain experience in a boutique family law firm and then at an AmLaw 200 firm, focusing on all aspects of criminal law, marital and family law, and related appellate matters. She is admitted to practice in the State of Florida and the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida. She is also an active member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section, the Palm Beach County Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers, the Susan Greenberg Family Law American Inn of Court of the Palm Beaches, the Palm Beach County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- State of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Florida Bar Florida Registered Paralegal Eligibility and Compliance Committee (2021-24 term)
- Florida Bar Traffic Court Rules Committee (2016-2019 term)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL)
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee Special Project Chair (2019-20)
- Webinar Committee Chair (2018-20)
- FAWL Journal Committee Member (2019)
- Public Relations Committee Chair (2017-18)
- Membership Chair, Palm Beach County Chapter (2016-17)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, past member
- Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, past member
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, past member
- Susan Greenberg Family Law American Inn of Court, founding member (2014-17)
- Stewart Distinguished Teaching Award, 2019
Phone: (561) 247-3940
Please be aware this blog contains attorney advertising material. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship nor is it intended to be legal advice for any individual case or situation. This is free; legal advice is not. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. If you are being charged with a crime, you should consult an attorney regarding your individual case.